Personal information is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your social media handles;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third-party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account or purchase products through our Website, through the ‘contact us’ form on our Website or when you request our assistance via email, our online chat or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our Website or when you review our products on a third-party platform.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you, including to:
- enable you to access and use our Website, including to provide you with a login;
- enable you to purchase our products; and
- dispatch and deliver our products to you.
- to contact and communicate with you about our products, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and information that we consider may be of interest to you, noting we will comply with all laws that are relevant to marketing (including the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and Fair Trading Act 1986);
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (to find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of New Zealand, which may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in New Zealand. Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, we will comply with Information Privacy Principle 12 and only disclose the information if:
- you have authorised the disclosure after we expressly informed you that the overseas recipient may not be required to protect the personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act;
- we believe the overseas recipient is subject to the Privacy Act;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is subject to privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is a participant in a prescribed binding scheme;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is subject to privacy laws in a prescribed country; or
- we otherwise believe that the overseas recipient is required to protect your personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act (for example pursuant to a data transfer agreement entered into between us and the overseas recipient).
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
SWMMRS Ltd NZBN 9429047400801
Last update: 12 November 2021